Statement of Faith
The following tenets of faith find their basis in the Nicene, Athanasian, and Apostles’ Creeds.
- That both the Old and New Testaments constitute the divinely inspired word of God, inerrant in the orginals.
- In the one God existing eternally in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.
- That the Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and judgement; and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort, and seal those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- That man is totally depraved in that of himself he is utterly unable to remedy his lost condition.
- That salvation is the gift of God who brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose atoning blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.
- In the water baptism of believers, symbolizing the believer’s union in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- In the observance of the Lord’s Supper, commemorating the sacrifice of our Savior for all mankind.
- The life of the believer is to be separated from the world by consistent conduct before God and is to be in the world as a life-giving light.
- In the personal and visible and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
- We believe God has a plan for everyone
- We believe in loving everyone where they’re at
- We believe everyone should be treated with dignity and respect
- We believe that every human ought to help his fellow neighbour
- We believe no one should ever go hungry
- We believe everyone should have a place to call home
- We believe anyone who wishes to should have employment
- We believe no one is hopeless, there is hope for all, and everyone needs a little hope…